According to the Saffir-Simpson damage scale the potential property damage and flooding from a storm of Bopha's strength (category 3) at landfall includes:
- Storm surge generally 2.7-3.7 metres (9-12 feet) above normal.
- Some structural damage to small residences and utility buildings with a minor amount of curtainwall failures.
- Damage to shrubbery and trees with foliage blown off trees and large trees blown down.
- Mobile homes and poorly constructed signs are destroyed.
- Low-lying escape routes are cut by rising water 3-5 hours before arrival of the centre of the storm.
- Flooding near the coast destroys smaller structures with larger structures damaged by battering from floating debris.
- Terrain continuously lower than 1.5 metres (5 feet) above mean sea level may be flooded inland 13 km (8 miles) or more.
- Evacuation of low-lying residences within several blocks of the shoreline may be required.
2 More Cyclones Expected To Enter PAR In December.
|MTSAT ENHANCED-IR Satellite Image 9 a.m., 30 November.|
WATCH: Typhoon Bopha Update.