Wednesday, March 6, 2013

SHADOW WARS: Escalating Towards World War III - Iran Orders Terrorists To Prepare For War, Fearing Israel About To Attack Islamic Regime; And North Korea Prepares Public For Potential Conflict With South! UPDATE: North Korea Imposes 'No-Fly, No-Sail Zones Off Both Coasts'!

March 06, 2013 - MIDDLE EAST - Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has ordered all of the Islamic regime’s armed forces to prepare for war, WND learned Tuesday.  According to a source in the Revolutionary Guards intelligence unit, the regime believes Israel is on the verge of an attack, which could then draw America into the conflict. Hundreds of ballistic missiles are ready to be launched against Israel and U.S. military bases in the region, the source said, and all terror groups that have long been positioned in Europe and America are ready to act should war break out. While the regime has called last week’s negotiations held in Kazakhstan “a turning point” between Iran and the 5-plus-1 countries – the permanent members of the U.N. Security Council plus Germany – it is stalling for time to complete its nuclear weapons development, at which point it believes Israel and the West will have no choice but to accept a nuclear-armed Iran, the source said. However, regime officials do not believe Israel will wait it out and hence the preparations for war, he added.

Iran's Revolution Guard.


Iran Orders Terrorists To Prepare For War, Fearing Israel About To Attack Islamic Regime.
WND reported exclusively on Feb. 28 about a warning by the regime’s armed forces deputy chief of staff, Brig. Gen. Masoud Jazayeri, that al-Qaida operatives will soon attack America and Europe, even as a second terror team sent by the Islamic regime is about to enter the U.S. The deputy chief of the Revolutionary Guards, Gen. Hossein Salami, recently warned that the regime’s ballistic missiles could devastate the enemy and reach beyond the region. “The range of our defensive capability expands thousands of kilometers beyond our borders,” he said. Also recently, Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi talked of the use of unmanned aerial vehicles armed with explosives to be used against the enemy.

With two of its closest allies out of the picture – Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez dead and Syrian President Bashar Assad fighting for his life – Iran fears Israel and the West could launch a war not only to stop its nuclear program but also effect regime change, knowing full well that millions of Iranians who are suffering under its policies would join in to topple their government, the source said. Regime officials have been talking of an imminent coming of the last messiah, advising loyalists to prepare the conditions for such an event. Shiites believe the 12th Imam, Mahdi, will descend to Earth at the time of Armageddon.

Recently, Ali Saidi, Khamenei’s representative to the Revolutionary Guards, told the forces that the Coming is close and that, “The fourth way (of bringing about the arrival of the Mahdi) is by preparing upheaval in the Middle East, and so long as there is not total upheaval in Middle East, then the Imam of the Era (Mahdi) will not arrive.” Ayatollah Khazali, a member of the Assembly of Experts, the body that chooses the supreme leader, told the regime’s magazine Pasdar Islam (the Guardian of Islam) that the Coming is close and that all enemies of Islam will be destroyed.

“Rest assured that Israel will be destroyed,” he said. “America is also getting weaker every day… our revolution was the preliminary step for the Coming.” The commander of the Basij forces, Brig. Gen. Mohammad Reza Naqdi, in a speech at Sharif University in Tehran, rejected bilateral talks with the U.S. and called any negotiations with America meaningless. “As long as the U.S. refuses to give up support for the Zionist regime and avoids leaving the Persian Gulf, relations with the U.S. will not be resumed,” Naqdi said, according to Fars News Agency, a media outlet run by the Revolutionary Guards. “The U.S. today is at the peak of its enmity toward Iran.”

In a sign that time was running out, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu yesterday warned that Iran’s nuclear program is reaching “the red line,” a reference to the time when Israel might take action. - WND.

WATCH: Netanyahu's Hawkish Squawk - 'Iran attack getting closer'.





North Korea Prepares Public For Potential Conflict With South.
North Korea appears to be preparing its people for a potential conflict with the U.S.-backed South, by taking steps to camouflage public transport and broadcasting messages from citizens in favor of war.  South Korean and Japanese media reported Wednesday that authorities in Pyongyang have begun to cover up buses and trains with camouflage netting, a precautionary measure that has not been seen in the North Korean capital for years. South Korea's Yonhap news agency said the situation in Pyongyang was similar to 1993 when it declared a quasi state of war shortly before withdrawing from the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty.  North Korean state television also broadcast footage of Pyongyang residents, such as this man, expressing support for the government's threat to scrap a 1953 armistice with the United States in the coming days.  "North Korea cannot stand it any more," he said. "As long as the U.S. and South Korean puppets want war, I think we should form a strong army to take hold of this opportunity to reunify the Korean peninsula." 

A bus covered in a net-like object drives on a street in Pyongyang, North Korea,
in this photo taken by Kyodo, March 6, 2013.
South Korean media said Pyongyang also has started submarine training as part of a program of military exercises.  South Korean General Kim Yong-hyun reacted to the latest North Korean moves by vowing a "strong and decisive" response if Pyongyang follows through on Tuesday's threat to break the truce.  "If North Korea dares to undertake provocation and to threaten the lives and safety of our people, we make it clear that we have all preparations in place for a strong and decisive punishment, not only against the source of the aggression and its support forces, but also the commanding element," said General Yong-hyun.  North Korea said it plans to void the 1953 cease-fire that ended the Korean War because of a U.S.-led drive for sanctions against it and ongoing military exercises between Seoul and Washington.  It is not unusual for Pyongyang to issue such statements during times of heightened tension on the Korean peninsula. But, analysts said the latest threats may be more serious, because they were made by a high-ranking official, and came with a deadline. 

In a Tuesday appearance on state television, North Korean General Kim Yong Chol said Pyongyang will "completely nullify" the armistice beginning March 11, and cut off communications to U.S. and South Korean forces at the border village of Panmunjom.  The deadline coincides with the start of a second round of U.S.-South Korea military exercises. A first round began earlier this month. The U.S. has said the annual drills are defensive in nature, but North Korea views them as preparation to invade.  Meanwhile, United Nations diplomats said they hope to vote Thursday on a resolution punishing North Korea for its latest nuclear test last month. The Security Council held a closed-door meeting on the issue Tuesday.  U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice said the resolution would impose some of the toughest sanctions ever ordered by the United Nations. She said the sanctions would target illicit activities by the North's diplomats and Pyongyang's banking relationships. It also would tighten inspections on cargo headed to and from the country.  The resolution, which has the support of both the U.S. and China, may further anger an already isolated North Korea. But despite its latest threats, many analysts said Pyongyang is unlikely to carry out large-scale clashes in response to the sanctions. 

Mike Chinoy, an Asia analyst at the University of Southern California, told VOA the real danger lies in the possibility of an accidental clash next week, when North Korea is due to stage competing military drills at the same time as the United States and South Korea.  "All it would take is one helicopter that has a mechanical problem and has to come down on the North Korean side of the demilitarized zone, or some firing exercises in which somebody puts in the wrong coordinates and an artillery shell goes in the other direction," said Chinoy. "These kinds of accidents, which have happened before, could in the current circumstances create a dynamic of escalation that would be harder to manage."  The waters outside North and South Korea have been the scene of several deadly incidents in the past decade. The South blames the North for a 2010 torpedo attack on one of its coastal naval vessels that killed 46 personnel. Later that year, North Korea shelled a frontier island where the South has a military base. That attack killed four people, including two civilians. - VOA News.



UPDATE: North Korea Imposes 'No-Fly, No-Sail Zones Off Both Coasts'.
This undated photo released by North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency on February 26, 2013 shows North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un inspecting an artillery firing drill of the Korean People's Army. (AFP Photo / KNS)
North Korea has imposed no-fly and no-sail zones off both its coasts, South Korean government sources tell Yonhap news agency.  The move indicates that Pyongyang intends to conduct major military drills and the test-firing of short-to-medium range missiles also remains a possibility, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said on Wednesday.  "The North's military ... is preparing large-scale combined military exercises so it may have blocked off the areas for nautical firing or fighter jet firing exercises," Yonhap quoted a South Korean government source as saying.  "But the firing of missiles cannot be ruled out."  The agency also reported that North Korea has already begun submarine drills as it steps up preparations for nationwide military exercises.  In February, Kim Min-seok, a South Korean ministry spokesman said a large-scale military drill was likely to be held in the North due to the unusually high levels of participation by the North's artillery, special forces and air force over the winter months.  The report follows Pyongyang's threat to scrap a ceasefire which ended the 1950-53 Korean War due to an ongoing military US-South Korean military drill. The North further said it will cut off a military phone line in the truce village of Panmunjom.  On Wednesday the South Korean military issued an uncharacteristically harsh warning, saying it would strike the North’s command leadership if provoked.    "If North Korea attempts a provocation that threatens the lives and security of our people, our military will forcefully and decisively strike not only the origin of provocation and its supporting forces, but also its command leadership," said Maj. Gen. Kim Yong-hyun, chief operations officer at the military’s Office of Joint Chiefs of Staff. "We make it clear that we are all prepared."  Building tensions on the Korean Peninsula come as the 15-nation UN Security Council prepares to ‘significantly expand’ sanctions on North Korea over a third nuclear test conducted in February.  Several UN envoys said on Tuesday that a vote on the draft sanctions resolution agreed upon by Washington and Beijing was expected on Thursday.  The sanctions would explicitly ban the sale of luxury goods which are a regular staple of North Korea’s ruling elite and make it more difficult for Pyongyang to transfer funds globally, a council diplomat told Reuters on condition of anonymity. - RT.



No comments: